Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
VCT: Lucia vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 0:06:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

When he finally met his newest opponent, he lightly tilted his head and stared.

Yup. That was a child. Proper child— Not even a teenager like and had become. It made him feel nostalgic, for whatever reason.

"Hey! I'm Doug; nice to meet'cha." He said cheerfully, offering a hand. "Is this yer first time in a tourney? Hope you've been having fun."

Behind him, Kama the scyther lightly cocked her head as she stared down the young girl.

TL;DR:
-'ello Lucia!
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 7:55:23 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia quietly walked into the arena as timid as a first time trainer could be. Her opponent was more experienced and stronger than she was. It was honestly kind of intimidating...

As he offered her a hand, Lucia slowly extended her own to meet his and shake it up and down. No words came out as her expression softened into one of pure shock. Somebody clueless as to how they even got there. She nodded at his question and let out a soft, "Mhm..."

Hero looked up from behind Lucia, peeking up at the Scyther with a rattle as his trainer picked him up for comfort. She shuffled her shoulders around, the backpack behind her jittering around while walking to the other end of the court.

"I hope you have fun." she said in a whisper-like tone before her Dunsparce moved to the court and prepared himself for battle. He let out as brave a cry as one could before slithering around.

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 12:54:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

He couldn't quite hear what she said, but he just about got the gist of it from reading her lips.

He grinned wide, throwing a thumbs up her way. "Thank ya kindly, missy! You too. Shall we, then?"

Kama stepped forth, scythes at the ready.

"Take it easy and have fun, Kama." Both for her own sake, and their opponent's. "Go!"

The Scyther nodded before launching forth, folding her scythes inwards as if to wield them like clubs as her arms glowed a neon green, before swinging at her opponent's body.

TL;DR:
-Kama is using Fury Clubber Cutter!

wbpO0773

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 23:27:05 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia continued being the bundles of nervous while each took their spot. The Dunsparce rattling threateningly at the Scyther as it approached. He surged forth to meet the Scyther head first with a fearsome DOUBLE-EDGE.

"Umm..." Lucia said, trying not to be entirely mute. "I, um, like your Scyther..."

HaYjrYGm

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 23:35:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

The two pokemon clashed against one another. The Dunsparce proved surprisingly agile despite it's size and seeming weight, it and Kama exchanging heavy blows without managing to land a real heavy hitter.

Taking a step back in their next clash, Kama switched her approach without warning, attempting to suddenly weave the Dunsparce heavy blow by leaping over it, swinging her club-like scythe at her opponent from above.

From his side, Doug blinked in surprise at Lucia's words, before smiling brightly. "Thanks! Your Dunsparce is pretty cool too!" He replied back cheerfully. "You've trained him well!"

TL;DR:
-Kama is using Acrobatics!

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 0:25:41 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The Scyther's attacks landed on the Dunsparce by a wide margin. Hero was pushed back some and grunted as he fell onto her back for a moment. He squirmed around for a moment before slithering back to the fight.

Lucia looked worried for him in the fight. She squirmed in place and winced as he went back all the way into battle. His tail grew larger and spun around as he prepared to use DRILL RUN to fight against the Scyther.

"Thanks..." Lucia nodded again, "He's the first Pokemon I ever caught when I was back home. He's protected me from a lot."

Gqyt06xf

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 0:36:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

The Scyther yelped, bringing her scythes together to try and block the other's tail as it drilled away against her steel, her feet digging into the earth as the force sent her skidding back, sinking several inches into the battlefield.

"I can tell." Doug said with a nod, smiling at the battle unfolding. It had been a while since he had fought such a young trainer; Hideo and Eris didn't even count anymore, without how experienced they had become after years in Hoenn.

He almost would've rather instructed her than fought for victory... but this was a tourney for Kama, not him. Whether she won or not would be up to her.

"Kama's also one of my first pokemon." He said, chuckling. "As you can probably tell. She's a bit old now."

And still trying to prove she could hang with the younger crowds... Speaking of which. Kama leapt forth once again, closing in the distance between herself and Hero before lunging for a close strike.

TL;DR:
-Kama is using Close Combat!

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 6:40:34 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia's eyes went to the Scyther in interest at the mention of her age. She didn't seem as old as Doug would say. But then again, she wasn't exactly too knowledgeable of pokemon biology to really recognize this.

"She is?" Lucia asked. Her volume was slowly rising as she was slowly becoming a bit more comfortable with speaking. "Y-You look nice, uh, Kama..."

Hero puffed himself up, surrounding himself with a white energy as he sent orbs of power towards the Scyther, using ANCIENT POWER.

SzHZE68k

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 23:25:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Kama would've puffed up her chest and looked at her trainer smugly had she been in a position to answer to the child's young words—

As it was however, she was a little too busy getting battered by rocks, rushing around the battlefield with grunts and hisses. Making a sharp turn, she rushed Hero once again, blurring out of view as she leapt in the air before attempting to drop down on her opponent.

For his part, Doug grinned at Lucia.

"She would appreciate that, thanks!"

TL;DR:
-Kama is using Acrobatics!
_kDOuwqu
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 7:45:20 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"What was it like?" Lucia asked plainly. It only dawned on her about how vague the question was after she had asked. "Like coming to Hoenn?"

Hero's attack had gave it a little burst of courage, as the Dunsparce landed back on its belly and swiveled around to face the Scyther again. It bounced back as Kama disappeared into a blur. He readied himself and looked around his surroundings for her before she revealed herself with her CLOSE COMBAT. Hero then moved forward to counter with a DRAGON RUSH!

oEPX6RGj

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 23:04:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

He cocked his head at the first question, obviously confused. Her clarified question wasn't actually much clearer— at least, not context wise.

"Well... it was a bit rough in the beginning." An understatement, given he was a kantonian refugee. "But... well, you get used to it fast. Even if you didn't have much a choice in moving somewhere, it can become much more memorable once you've made close friends.""

Kama bounced back as she got dragon rushed, wheezing at the pain wracking at her chest. The battle had started out in her favor, but whether it was due to bad luck, age catching up to her, or even a skill issue, the fight had turned into a close match.

But she had no intention of giving up now. Lowering herself to a low crouch, she launched forth for one last clash.

TL;DR:
-Kama is using Close Combat!
5Hho7Eke
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 22:37:56 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Hero bounded back from his latest DRAGON RUSH attack, still in the fight and putting up more of a little spat that he had the previous fights. Lucia was silently cheering for him, though entirely focus on the conversation with Doug. His input was helpful in making her feel she wasn't in unfamiliar territory.

But that last part might have been a bit of a hurdle.

"I, uh...don't really know many people. Everyone's back home for me." Lucia admitted softly. The admittance even caused her to appear more vulnerable as looked away out of discomfort. "Pokemon are friends...right? I have them."

Meanwhile, Hero was aiming to finish the fight! He came at Kama with another HYPER DRILL and slithered forth to victory.

R6C6Eg|b

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 15:34:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Perhaps against all odds, Lucia and Hero managed to clutch the win!

Then again, Doug and Kama's record in the tourney hadn't exactly been stellar, so perhaps the odds weren't quite as bad as one might guess based on their ages...

"Congrats!" He said as he crossed the battlefield to greet her, petting his exhausted Scyther on the head as he did. Her wounds began to heal in an instant, seemingly by magic.

"I hope you had fun!"

TL;DR:
-Congrats!
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 23:30:40 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Hero rattled at Kama as the match was called in Lucia's favor. She looked surprised at the results screen as it finally dawned on her.

"Oh, I...won?"

Hero slithered back to her while Lucia hurried over to him. She hoisted the Dunsparce up in celebration while Hero would nuzzled against her cheek. After a few celebratory spins and throws, Lucia would be as happy as a Magikarp in water! It was quite the polar opposite of the timid girl that she had been a few minutes ago.

"We won! You did amazing, Hero!"

His tiny wings sputtered around in victory while Lucia was able to turn back around to Doug and Kama before going over. The Dunsparce was feeling better and slithered around her, resting on top of the child's head. Lucia smiled at the elder Scyther and knelt down. Despite the age, it was quite the formidable opponent. She wondered how good she would have been in her prime, though didn't poke too much to seem like a sore winner.

"You too, Kama." she smiled. "I'd love to battle you guys again some time. But for real!"

Her eyes went back to Doug before extending her hand. What he had shown to her would be repaid back in full. Lucia had to balance Hero on her body with staying upright but was managing pretty well. That excitement and energy was infectious as she hoped to leave a good impression on him.

"We, uh...We can be friends...if you want. I'm training for the gym challenge and could use the help."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP